This palm tree is a total winner.
Silver trunked, crown shafted palm native to Lord Howe Island. Yet another Lord Howe palm tree to covet, the ‘Hedy’ is a magnificent palm to include within your landscaping design. Arched, recurving leaves and strong form shows this off as a stand alone specimen and also as a interesting focal point within a grouping .
- Grows to 10m over 40-50 years.
- Prefers low-medium wind
- Tolerates light frost
- Excellent for the coast in a sheltered spot.
- Beautiful white trunk.
- Enjoys regular feeding
- Full sun-semi shade
This is one of only four unique palm species which are endemic to Lord Howe Island. Part of the Australian territory, this island lies 600km east of the state of New South Wales & has a sub-tropical climate.
It can tolerate the occasional light frost once established. It needs a rich organic soil.
It also does well in containers or as an indoor plant where light is good, and you have enough space to accommodate.
It is slow to grow & also relatively rare in cultivation.
- Prefers full sun, but will tolerate part shade.
- Medium wind tolerant.
- Will tolerate light frosts only.
- Grows to a height of 10 metres (approx).
- Excellent indoor palm.
- Requires little moisture and is drought tolerant.
- Tolerates coastal conditions, including salt spray.